Skip to main content

The Suzuki Dzire (test drive)

Another test drive was requested before (come January) but they didn't respond to my request that month and so I thought, OK! Maybe they sensed I will not be a buyer anyway. But come February, they messaged me and was told by the agent that they usually schedule test drives in time for their marketing promos.

So here we are, and I requested to test drive their Dzire. Initially I just inquired about the S-presso since it's the compact (or mini) SUV and it's cheap. If you're only after the point A to point B destination and nothing else, then you'll just consider the budget but value for the buck. Aside from it not being available when I inquired, Accdg to the agent, it's also a quick seller since it's really the lowest valued vehicle in their line-up. Add to the fact that it's also MT (stick shift) transmission and no AT available which is quite a downfall. But don't get me wrong, I started driving stick but convenience-wise, AT shift is really the best route nowadays. But again, I am fine with MT (stick-shift).

To make the long-story short, I headed to the showroom near our place where I visited prior and met with the agent. Before I headed inside, I already saw the Dzire parked outside marked as demo unit. The color likewise was striking. It was blue. Royal bluish in color. And I was right. It was indeed the car to do the test drive with.




I've met with the agent and initially handed me some sort of eco bag with some items marked with the suzuki label. The eco bag is worth it. The contents/items were meh! but still at least thankful that they handed me these goodies for their promo month with no commitment to buy. As usual, you need to have your driver's license ready and sign-up some waiver (as what I've mentioned likewise in the previous blog). Since this is a test drive and the vehicle is still not yours, you still have to be careful when driving. You wouldn't want to pay for it right? 😜

While waiting, I also did an ocular of the model unit in the showroom and this one was the red color. 😃






Ok how was the driving experience?

It is a sub-compact Sedan so it's really quite small. It is in the same league as the Mitsubishi Mirage which happens to be it's competitor. Not the VIOS...yet. There's no auto start stop which is kinda sad but given the price point so we don't expect it to be available.

I will list the Pros and Cons of this car below:

Pros:

  • It's an Auto Gear Shift meaning it's an automated manual shift. You can drive it automatic or manual mode less the physical clutch. 
  • The interior is fine. Nothing extravagant. It's pretty basic but has all you need: power-windows, auto-door locks, good air-conditioning, aircon vents at the back seat. which is a plus 👍
  • 7 inch infotainment system (but also has it's cons)
  • Steering wheel tilt and driver seat height adjustment available.
  • Spacious interior for its size.
  • Not too expensive (in fact) quite cheap in it's segment (sub-compact sedan)
  • with arm-rest and cup-holders in rear passenger seat.
  • The design is good. Very simple pero may dating.
  • The available colors are good.
  • The alloy mags are fine. Meaning, you can stick with it since it's not just a basic mag. Di sya mukhang mumurahin.
Cons:

  • The Auto Gear Shift would take time to adjust to. It's not CVT (continous variable transmission) and you'll notice the lags or delays in the gear shift to high when on Drive mode.
  • No Auto Start/Stop engine feature.
  • The 7 inch infotainment system has no apple carplay or android auto.
  • No daytime running lights. If it has: kumpleto na ang porma sana.
  • The trunk space is small for me. It's only me. Maybe to some others, it may already be big.
  • I don't like the front. parang di sya ganun kalingunin. but again it's only me.
  • No center arm-rest in the driver's seat.
  • All interior is plastic but the sturdy kind naman. Not cheap looking.
  • No Turbo or power what-ever you call it. But again, for it's price, we don't expect any turbo engine.
  • For small family only. Can seat maybe 5 max. and not beyond 
The driving experience? It was over-all Good but don't expect it to be in the same calibre as the Nissan Almera. The delays in the AGS is similar to when you change shift in stick shift MT cars, except wala lang syang clutch. I still don't have an idea how it'll handle bitin or hilly places since in MT may timpla sa clutch at gas on 1st shift. So I don't know how AGS will handle this.

Now for the price? It's P719K but with huge discounts around P60K regardless if it's cash or installment through bank financing. 

Over-all impression: Go for it if you're under budget for some similar cars from other manufacturers which are a bit pricey. It's still a Japanese car anyway. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Painful experience of letting-go and moving-on...

Yesterday evening was one of the biggest blows in my life. My girlfriend for almost five years and I called it quits . But it was rather an unforgettable experience, quite having me to pass-on sleeping last night. She broke up with me through text. At first, I was shocked because we were together at church a couple of hours earlier. With me having to pass staying afterwards at their place because I have an important function to attend later that night. She texted me a couple of hours later as I was in the middle of being merry during the event, It goes like, "she loves me very much but she couldn't deal with the hurt I am giving her by not reciprocating my love to her. She has no expectations whatsoever, given the fact that she can't push me to do that and she learned to accept me for who I am, but there are things that she wants that I cannot provide and that we can not be happy moving forward since we obviously have a problem". I was distraught. I did not know what

It's time everyone flies...but with Cebu Pacific? Not anymore...

I am going to set this one straight...this has been Cebu Pacific's catch phrase for their air transportation services, "Cebu Pacific Air - It's time everyone (every Filipino) flies". I would like to share this horror experiences I encountered with Cebu Pacific, from ticketing up to actual date of departure. So here goes the story: It was January 9, 2008 that I decided to book a flight for 7 PAX to Puerto Princesa. I booked via their Customer Service Hotline Number. I was booked for a roundtrip ticket from MNL - Puerto Princesa and vice versa. I was given a confirmation day on January 12, 2008 on/before 3:00 PM. Ticket fare is P4,515 per head. Came January 12, 2008, a Saturday - I made my way to their ticketing office in Robinson's place, Manila to confirm booking and pay for the tickets. It was a rainy Saturday and I wasn't able to get on time (before 3:00 PM), but fortunately, I was able to have the confirmation time extended upon informing the Ticketing Agen

logitech bluetooth keyboard

I am so happy with this quite-pricey purchase of mine back in SG~the bluetooth keyboard for the ipad2. I find this device quite handy especially for me who likes to utilize the ipad for other things than gaming. It comes in very handy especially when composing emails and doing blog posts using the ipad. Connectivity and range of the bluetooth is very,very superior. Plus, this also doubles as a magnetic cover for the ipad when not in use. Got this device at around S$125 nett of discounts and GST. This also doubles as a casing for the ipad when not in use, and portable and handy that you can bring it anywhere you'd like to carry your ipad. I am pretty-sure that this will also work with other bluetooth-enabled devices like mobile phones and tablets. However, the casing and slot to hold only works for the ipad and hopefully, the iphone 5. When I saw this device over an electronics shop in SG, I never had second-thoughts of purchasing this. Thanks to the mastercard, the purchase was